CP - Terms and Conditions of Sale
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE OF A PUPPY/DOG PURCHASED FROM DIAMOND VALLEY KENNELS PTY LTD (DVK)
These terms and conditions accompany our microchip registration form that is completed by you our customer and details are referred within regarding your name, details of purchase ie dog and pricing etc.
I the customer, agree to pay the purchase price for the purchase of a dog detailed from Diamond Valley Kennels Pty Ltd.
- The dog that you have purchased from Diamond Valley Kennels has been checked by our vet and they determined that your new dog is in good health with any irregularities listed on the vet report. The price of your dog has been agreed upon by both parties with consideration of this vet report. Your new dog has received their first vaccination (minimum) by our vet. You must arrange follow up visits to your vet for all future vaccinations at your own expense.
- You have 72 hours to take the purchased dog from Diamond Valley Kennels to the vet of your choice to have a dog health check-up completed at your own expense.
- The dog is sold as a family pet, not for show quality or for breeding purposes. We recommend that your dog is desexed at approx. 6 months old or advised by your vet at your own expense. The buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, adequate exercise, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this dog parasite free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition (consisting of a good quality professional food given at regular intervals), and fresh water available at all times.
- The buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision.
- The breeder does not assume any liability for any injury to said dog after collection or after it has left our care on 3rd party transport.
- Diamond Valley Kennels will, in no way, be responsible for any Local Government Council Dog Registration Fee. It is the new owners responsibility to register the dog with your local council as per local regulations.
- Diamond Valley Kennels can confirm that your dog is in good health, as far as appears to the eye, and has received appropriate medical vaccinations, worming and flea treatment care. Diamond Valley Kennels will supply to you on collection day, a copy of the final vet report which will show any issues that have been found as per dated on the report. Any issues with your dog will be discussed with you prior to collection.
- We do not take any responsibility for the welfare and health of your dog after it has departed from our kennels if the 2nd and 3rd vaccinations are not completed by the buyer and were due to be completed after collection or transportation to the new owner.
- We do not take any responsibility for the welfare and health of your dog if after departing from our kennels your dog suffers from hypoglycemia (fluctuations in blood sugar which can occur in small breed puppies), coccidia, giardia or any condition that can be corrected by surgery or treated with medication.
- We do not take any responsibility for the welfare and health of your dog if you expose your dog to outside environments that can make your dog sick, ie taking to the park, exposure to other animals prior to the full vaccination schedules being completed.
- You agree that you will not disparage or encourage others to disparage the company. For purposes of this agreement, the term disparage includes without limitation comments or statements made in any matter or medium in the press, online and/or the media about the company which would adversely affect any manner of the conduct of the business of the company, without limitations to the company's business plans or prospects or the business reputation of the company.
- If you have chosen to transport your dog to a destination and wish to return your new dog under our 7-day cooling off period; it is your responsibility and at your own expense to return dog in perfect health to Diamond Valley Kennels at Diamond Valley Qld. The dog must be returned within the 7-day period nd can only be returned if prior agreement has been accepted by Diamond Valley Kennels. All documentation and vaccinations certificates must be returned prior to any refund being made. We will arrange for our vet to carry out a health check on puppies return to ensure that puppy is still in good health without any issues that have occurred whilst out of our care. If any issues are found this will be discussed as part of our refund policy
- If we have arranged any form of transport either by road or air, we take no responsibility for the safety or wellbeing of your new dog whilst in transit with the 3rd party once it leaves our property.
- We strongly recommend that you consider pet insurance for your new puppy, the cost of which is the responsibility of the new owner to bear.
- It is your responsibility as the new owner of dog from the moment you purchase your new dog to take good care of dog as stated above.
- When you purchase a puppy from Diamond Valley Kennels you become part of our family. Being respectful to our staff through email or phone or in person is always requested. We are here to help, and abuse will not be tolerated in any form.
- If you place a $300 deposit on a puppy this is on the basis that it is non-refundable and full payment is required subject to when puppy is ready to go home. If your puppy is ready straight away to go home, we require you to collect and pay in full the outstanding amount within 7 days. If you have placed a deposit on a puppy that isn’t ready to go home straight away, payment is required to be made in full when they turn 8 weeks old. If we have arranged transport for your puppy, payment is due 3 full business days prior to puppy’s’ departure.
- Diamond Valley Kennels cannot be held response for your puppy/dog eating any object or toxic plant that may lead to serious health issues from initial interaction to further health consequences in the future. It is your responsibility to ensure that puppy’s environment is safe and secure and that you are aware of the dangers that could cause serious harm.
7-DAY COOLING OFF PERIOD
Diamond Valley Kennels Pty Ltd offers its customers buying a dog from Diamond Valley Kennels, a 7-day cooling-off period commencing from the date the customer receives the dog (Day of Departure) from Diamond Valley Kennels.
The Terms and Conditions of our cooling off period are as follows:
- Provided you return the dog within the first 3-days of purchase, Diamond Valley Kennels will refund you 70% of the purchase price paid.
- Provided you return the dog within 4 to 7-days of purchase, Diamond Valley Kennels will refund you 50% of the purchase price paid.
Diamond Valley Kennels has implemented this 7-day Cooling Off Period Terms and Conditions to ensure the best outcome for the pet, you as our valued customer and in covering Diamond Valley Kennels costs both internally and externally (i.e. Vet checks; 2-week quarantine period and re-advertising costs etc.). It is your responsibility to return with the puppy, the vaccination card/record and if the puppy has been registered in your name to supply us with a change of ownership signed form. We will have puppy vet checked as soon as possible when returned to us and if there are any issues that have occurred with puppy since leaving our care we will discuss this with you and will then arrange the appropriate refund.
DVK will take no responsibility for any vet expenditure incurred once the puppy has left our care. All further vaccinations, desexing and general vet costs (not limited to) will be the responsibility of puppy’s new owner. On the rare occasion that puppy is unwell within the first 5 days of ownership (from collection date) please get in touch with us immediately to discuss the situation. Please note that Diamond Valley Kennels Pty Ltd will pay no vet costs unless prior agreement has been received from the Director, Diamond Valley Kennels. We will review vet costs on a case-by-case basis and do not guarantee that we will pay any vet expenditure incurred. Contact needs to be made by phone (no text or emails accepted for these matters). If your emergency is after hours (ie between 6pm – 7am) please leave a message on our message bank and we will contact you asap. If your puppy requires immediate attention by a vet afterhours, we give no guarantees that we will accept the vet charges.